How to Limit WhatsApp To Wi-Fi Only & Why You Should Try It!: WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world. With over 1 billion active druggies, it’s no wonder why businesses calculate on it for communication.
Still, there are some situations where WhatsApp can be problematic. Not only can it take up valuable data plan space, but it can also be used without any restrictions when connected to Wi-Fi. This means that you are vulnerable to online scams, spyware, and other dangerous applications.
In this blog, we will teach you how to limit WhatsApp to Wi-Fi only on your Android or iPhone device. We will also teach you why you should try it!
How to Limit WhatsApp To Wi-Fi Only
In the settings, you can turn off mobile data completely and leave WhatsApp only when connected to WiFi. When you circumscribe WhatsApp to Wi-Fi only, you can successfully back up your data using Wi-Fi. Keep in mind that WhatsApp will use your cellular data network to communicate if you aren’t connected to any WiFi source.
The Best Argument For Using Wifi Only on Whatsapp:
If you are connected to Wi-Fi, needs are not an issue; but, if not, WhatsApp will use your mobile data connection, which can be cumbersome and expensive. You can tell WhatsApp to pause data backups until you’re on a Wi-Fi network. You can turn off your data completely while running WhatsApp on your mobile phone to keep your data off cellular.
You can disable cellular data in WhatsApp on iPhone by swiping the cellular data settings button. Follow the instructions below to prevent WhatsApp from using your expensive phone data to automatically download photos and videos to your iPhone.
Using WhatsApp can be expensive if your device is set up to automatically download WhatsApp photos and videos over cellular. You can set WhatsApp to automatically download media files only when you are on a Wi-Fi network.
When using an iPhone, you can pierce your settings and choose which apps should run on your mobile data. For iOS and Android bias, you can circumscribe background data, which means your device will help apps from using mobile data while running in the background.
Luckily, you can follow the below steps in MIUI 12 to prevent apps from using an internet connection on your android mobile phone. After that, the application will not be able to use the internet connection on your mobile phone.
For example, WhatsApp should use your internet connection in the background to display new messages. If you want to temporarily not receive any messages on WhatsApp, you can do so through the settings of the Android app.
Can we put a limit on WhatsApp to not download unwanted files?
Well, this system will work for you, but you can also change some settings on WhatsApp to limit your data or limit your downloads to a WiFi connection.
You can also change some settings in WhatsApp to circumscribe your data or help WhatsApp from downloading all unwanted and heavy lines or images/videos/audios over your data connection.
Just like other messaging apps, you can partake and admit images and vids using WhatsApp. Whatsapp uses the internet for messaging, but WhatsApp requires a phone number to register.
Since WhatsApp is always running in the background, whenever you turn on mobile data, it will automatically start collecting messages and downloading media (if the automatic download is set).
What if WhatsApp does not work on Wi-Fi?
If you have recently discovered that WhatsApp does not work over Wi-Fi, but WhatsApp works fine over a data connection. If you really want to turn off your cell phone’s mobile data and are going to use WhatsApp over WiFi only, this post on how to restrict WhatsApp to WiFi-only is exclusively for you.
Here we will describe a simple but useful solution on how to restrict WhatsApp to WiFi-only to limit mobile data or network data rate exhaustion and WiFi-only function. As with everything related to apps, knowing how to disable WhatsApp without turning off Wi-Fi has its advantages.
After updating WhatsApp, try connecting to your Wi-Fi and check if it’s working on Wi-Fi now or not. To fix Wi-Fi issues, WhatsApp not working, you need to enter your data usage management settings and then find WhatsApp in the application list.
If your WhatsApp does not work over WIFI but works fine with mobile data, it may be due to incorrect data usage settings on your phone. Wi-Fi only comes in handy if you have a limited amount of data and don’t want it to drain if you use apps like WhatsApp which are known to use a lot of data, especially during calls.
If necessary, you can restrict data usage for certain mobile network connections:
For Andriod users:
- You can choose which apps can use mobile data, which helps you control your monthly usage. After that, you can see the “Reduce data usage” option on the screen.
- Then turn off background data (in data options) and finally revoke all app permissions for WhatsApp.
- Find the folder where WhatsApp is stored and click Force Stop.
- Once you find an app, tap it to open a new tab with specific values, such as size, usage, and other app data.
- To activate this data saving option, open WhatsApp and select Settings > Data usage & storage from the three-dot menu.
- With this option, you can also delete outdated WhatsApp messages. You can check for an app that is consuming more data than usual and block it right away.
- From there, after choosing your preferred connection type, you can choose to allow each app to use cellular data when the screen is on, prevent data roaming, or allow it in block mode.
For iPhone users:
If you use cellular data for WhatsApp calls, chats, and videos, below you’ll find steps to reduce the cellular data used by WhatsApp on iPhone.
- WhatsApp will only be able to back up WhatsApp data to iCloud Drive when your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network, not when your iPhone is connected to a cellular network.
- WhatsApp chats can be backed up manually or automatically using Wi-Fi and cellular data, depending on the app settings.
- To address these mobile bandwidth issues, WhatsApp has disabled the automatic download of documents, videos, and audio messages in some regions.
- If you have a limited data plan, we recommend limiting automatic media downloads to only when connected to Wi-Fi.
If you want to make sure that WHATSAPP doesn’t keep digging into your data, you need to stop the download completely.
We hope this blog was helpful and that it helped you decide whether or not WhatsApp To Wi-Fi Only is something you want to try out. If so, make sure to leave a comment down below and let us know what you think!