September 27, 2022

[ad_1]

Motorists who were trapped inside their cars for seven hours overnight on a major Queensland motorway have finally been able to continue their journey this morning.

The Logan motorway was blocked for about seven hours after 33-year-old man died following a crash at Heathwood in south west Brisbane last night.

It resulted in authorities closing the highway from 10pm, leaving motorists – including many families with young children – stranded.

Queensland motorists were stranded for up to seven hours after a fatal crash closed part of the Logan motorway. (Nine)

By 5.30am today they were given the green light to continue their journey.

But one stranded family told 9News the ordeal had been “hell”, with cold temperatures and no food or water or toilet facilities during their ordeal.

“it’s been pretty crazy. We’ve been stuck since about 9.45 actually,” Annette Jones told 9News.

“it’s been hell … Not much you can do.”

Police believe last night’s crash happened when a car was travelling east along the motorway near exit 17 when it lost control and crashed into a guardrail shortly after 9.30pm.

After the crash, a man has stepped out of the vehicle and was standing in the left hand lane of the motorway.

Queensland motorists were stranded for up to seven hours after a fatal crash closed part of the Logan motorway. (Nine)

A number of approaching vehicles then took evasive action, resulting in a separate crash which struck the man.

The 33-year-old Logan man was transported to hospital in a critical condition, where he died as a result of his injuries.

A 37-year-old man and a 26-year-old man were also taken to hospital as a precaution.

Police road crash experts are investigating the circumstances of the crash.

How fast can the overtaking vehicle go?

How fast can the overtaking car travel?

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.