October 5, 2022

[ad_1]

A contractor responsible for a gas mix-up at a Sydney hospital that caused the death of a newborn six years ago has been charged.

In July 2016, a baby boy died after being ventilated with nitrous oxide – also known as laughing gas – from a port labelled “oxygen” at Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital.

Subcontractor Christopher Turner has been charged with manslaughter over the death of a newborn baby at Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital.
Subcontractor Christopher Turner has been charged with manslaughter over the death of a newborn baby at Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital. (9News)

The matter was referred to the Office of Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) during the inquest for a review of the police brief of evidence.

This morning Turner was arrested and charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence and cause grievous bodily harm by negligent act or omission.

It will be alleged he failed to adhere to the Australia standards when certifying oxygen connections within the neonatal medical gas outlet at the hospital.

He was refused bail and will appear at Bankstown Local Court today.

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.